International GT Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Brno Post Race Discussion

4 posters

Go down

Brno Post Race Discussion Empty Brno Post Race Discussion

Post by GamingCanuck Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:02 pm

Brno seems to provide some really good racing so it should be a good one.
GamingCanuck
GamingCanuck
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Brno Post Race Discussion Empty Re: Brno Post Race Discussion

Post by GamingCanuck Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:24 pm

Good race everyone, the start was a bit of a mess but after that the race seemed to go pretty well. I put in a little too much fuel to start the race off so I was slow for the first 15 or so laps, after I pitted I started to get into a rhythm and dig into that massive lead Kilon had.

One thing I did notice is the GT cars jumping out of the way for the LMP cars, I almost ran into a few GT cars because it caught me off guard. The LMP cars are the ones making the pass so it is up to them to do it cleanly, the GT cars should remain on the racing line unless you're making it obvious to the LMP driver that you're letting them pass.

I had a lot of fun, hopefully we can get a few more people to race next week.

Side note - What the hell is up with replays in pCars? Kilon is driving a Z4 in my replay and Ozpata is in an Audi.
GamingCanuck
GamingCanuck
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan_gamester Sun Jul 12, 2015 5:34 pm

Good race today... I had a long one I could not come close to the avg lap times I achieved in practice or Qualification so the land of back markers for me. The start I manged to escape injury due to being last on the grid but eventually was caught up I had a moment in one corner when my car glued itself to the Bentley of Sainted and a full stop seperated us no matter how hard I turned she just didin't turn in so I lost all ground I covered at the start then it was about 30 laps give or take of blue flags I tried my best to get out of the way but held up GamingCanuck in one corner when I lost him in my mirrors and zigged when he zigged but luckily he was quick and saw my mistake. I am trying to get the replay's up from the past to races to youtube but my editor is being cranky but once they are done I will post them up here. Looking forward to Catalunya I will hopefully be closer to the pace of the rest of the field and be less of an obstacle and more of a participant.
Alan_gamester
Alan_gamester
Rookie
Rookie

https://www.facebook.com/GamestaTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ozpata Sun Jul 12, 2015 6:01 pm

good race, except for my start which I apologize for and hope didn't ruined anybody's race, it was mostly my fault, letting of the clutch too soon and still not getting use to that sometimes it show the car in right/wrong gear and usually it just fixes by itself as the lights come up

the replays have some issues, in my case it was fine but can get a bit crazy

the LMP cars are the ones doing the pass and have the advantage, so the other ones shouldn't get out of the way, is up to the car behind to make sure that can do it, as it has the view advantage to begin with, but as we get used to running together, it will get better.

once again I apologize for the start
ozpata
ozpata
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahjik Mon Jul 13, 2015 2:29 pm

Posted this in the other thread:

Mahjik wrote:I had the "it shows your in gear but you really aren't" thing...  My bad, I usually flip through the gears before the lights just to make sure it's in the gear it's really showing.  Sad

After the bad start, I had some damage so my speed was a little lower. I was able to push and gain 2-3 seconds back to GamingCanuck. I think I was getting luckier with traffic than he was.. However, I threw that all away by hitting some tires on the inside of the final corner. That gave me even more damage and I was then about 3 seconds a lap slower. So much so that Ozpata caught up to me on the last lap and would have passed easily had there been one more lap left...
Mahjik
Mahjik
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GamingCanuck Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:33 pm

Mahjik wrote: I think I was getting luckier with traffic than he was.

Yeah, I was having a heck of a time. A couple of times I caught two people and I was trying to take my time getting around them without ruining their battle, a few other times I just caught the GT car at a really bad spot.
GamingCanuck
GamingCanuck
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down