International GT Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spa Post Race Discussion

5 posters

Go down

Spa Post Race Discussion Empty Spa Post Race Discussion

Post by GamingCanuck Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:06 am

I hope everyone has a good race, I really wish I could be there but thankfully I do have the next two Sunday's off so I will be at the next two races. Best of luck to everyone today.
GamingCanuck
GamingCanuck
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Spa Post Race Discussion Empty Re: Spa Post Race Discussion

Post by Cashh Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:59 pm

Good race everyone. Success? I don't know Smile 9 of 20 showed up and two disconnected. I'm guessing it was bugs that caused the disconnects.
 I wasn't sure if a pit stop was mandatory so I had a pit strategy. Blue flag didn't work or I did not see it so couple of the LMP2s caught be by surprise and I had to get off the track to make sure I wasn't in the way. It was a fun race. I just hope we can get more people to show up.

Here is a link of a bad quality video of practice quali and the race my POV. It was a Shadowplay/Twitch capture just to make sure I had something running in case of accidents. http://www.twitch.tv/caashh/v/6967701

I also saved the replay but it's usually broken. In case anyone needs the replay post and I'll upload it.

Cashh
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahjik Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:02 pm

Good fun for the limited numbers we had.
Mahjik
Mahjik
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintedPlacebo4 Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:00 pm

Qualifying looked good. I hit a 17, something i never hit before while trying to catch first. i lost a little in the final corner i might have been even closer Smile. As for the turn out there were a few guys that said they had other leagues they had to race. Which is a bit disappointing. a few said they were away for the weekend. Hopefully things pick up for this next race. I will try and find some more drivers so that the rooms are a bit more full. As for my race personally i had started strong and was drafting closely to the leader whose tag i cant recall at the second, and there was a mild lag jump and it gave me damage. I didnt over heat, but i lost 8 mph on the straights. limited to 162 most the time really hurt as i wasnt able to hit a single 19.
---
As for the prototypes, they do come up quickly, but without spotters and what not its wise to try and keep an eye on the mirror or the track map if you have it on. If you see a grey dot fast approaching than its something to keep an eye out for on track. Its something that comes with time though so im sure with more racing it will become a thing of second nature. Also, just a note, the passing car has the responsibility to make it clean, so you dont have to dive off bud Smile just hold a safe line and dont do anything unexpected. I use my flashers sometimes even if im racing with the same class to let them know im there. Or if im coming on lapped traffic. Its how i make my own blue flag.
--
Overall though it was a good race, and im glad the people that showed up did. It might take a little while but im sure it will flesh out with time. Also im sorry for starting a bit late but a few drivers were having issues accepting and getting their invites. Being the first day and them knocking on the door to get in i wasnt going to leave them stranded. in the future though i will be starting the session and letting the late driver's flow in as they come. i try to post ont eh steam group page little twitterfeed-like posts for any one who is late to know whats going on.

SaintedPlacebo4

Back to top Go down

Post by GamingCanuck Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:06 pm

It sucks to see that only 7 people actually raced, but with the holiday I guess it's to be expected. I've got the next two Sunday's off so I will be there.

@Cashh - Thanks for the stream, it looked like a pretty clean race.
GamingCanuck
GamingCanuck
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahjik Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:58 pm

Just to follow up on Sainted's comments for the GT drivers, don't jump off the track when the faster cars come through.  Just keep driving normal.  As soon as the faster car is along side you, all you need to do is lift for a second or brake early for the next turn and get behind them.  That's the easiest way for both cars to continue racing.
Mahjik
Mahjik
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintedPlacebo4 Sun Jul 12, 2015 12:25 pm

Hey guys, my computer has been down, heres a snap shot of the results for anyone interested. http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=480196895

SaintedPlacebo4

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan_gamester Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:37 pm

Here is my replay video of The Race at SPA others are oming shortly as I create them

Alan_gamester
Alan_gamester
Rookie
Rookie

https://www.facebook.com/GamestaTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down