International GT Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible new series?

4 posters

Go down

Possible new series? Empty Possible new series?

Post by GamingCanuck Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:08 pm

Would anyone be interested in a Historic Touring Car series? The series would probably run on Saturday, the races would be a little shorter than the GT series and it may start a little earlier than the GT series.

This is an idea that SaintedPlacebo and myself have been thinking about, but I want input from our current members before I start putting it together.

I personally would love it, the old touring cars are a lot of fun to drive and I haven't seen very many leagues using them. If you would like a series like this, or even if you wouldn't, please post why here.
GamingCanuck
GamingCanuck
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Possible new series? Empty Re: Possible new series?

Post by Mahjik Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:56 pm

I'm assuming you are referring to the old DTM cars (BMW, MB and Ford)?

As long as shorter tracks are used, I wouldn't mind it. They aren't the type of cars I enjoy around the longer circuits.
Mahjik
Mahjik
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahjik Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:19 am

BTW, another option maybe to not start another series, but to have weekly or bi-weekly races with different car groups. Something like:

Week 1: Formula B at Imola
Week 2: Caper Stock Car at Watkins Glen
Week 3: Road C at Brands Hatch

etc.. I think one of the issues of getting new drivers is just about every league today is running GT3 cars (some prototypes). There are just a lot of Le Mans style leagues around. However, there are very few leagues around running most of the other cars in pCARS.
Mahjik
Mahjik
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GamingCanuck Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:35 pm

Yes, the old DTM cars would be used.

I don't think I'd want to run in a series that uses different cars every week, sure there's a lot of GT3 leagues but that's because they're the best cars in the game. I figure if we were to add another series, it may bring more people here who will eventually race both.
GamingCanuck
GamingCanuck
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahjik Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:41 pm

Just keep in mind my suggestion isn't a series per say (i.e. no points collecting).
Mahjik
Mahjik
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ozpata Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:14 pm

with DTM being prepared for lunch at AC, I would guess that it will take a lot of interest towards that sim that has a lot of those types of cars

there are a lot of GT and Protos places running the same cars and tracks

I don't think they are the best cars in the game but the ones that people can associate in an official manner, the formula are more like a fictitious type of cars and time and again people seems to like to have the brand they can associate with, the GT cars can allow for more variety, close racing and that is a contributing factor

leagues take time to form, most of the leagues that were doing some sort of racing will take up this one and so people are not available at the numbers that one hope, then most of the leagues available are basically doing the same thing, people will go to places were they are comfortable and it will be normal that they will just stay were they are and just take up this sim

days can be an issue for lots of people just as is time, summer time has always been a hard time to get people together, specially in weekends

for the most serious or committed racers, the sim still has some ways to go and they expect some issues resolved before they will considered more seriously, a lot of what you see racing now online are people doing a jump from console or that have not doing structured racing

more than anything I think people don't have a lot of free time, so they are looking for simplicity that limits in a way dealing with issues, bugs or having to spend lots of time learning new cars, there are lots of options out there that divides the amount of people available, then add times, days and it gets more complicated, don't expect this sim to get of the ground in a better way till they get some more things sorted or at least till people see a more stable platform to organize things, get information.
ozpata
ozpata
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan_gamester Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:42 pm

I would be interested in this event
Alan_gamester
Alan_gamester
Rookie
Rookie

https://www.facebook.com/GamestaTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down