International GT Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

things will get better

4 posters

Go down

things will get better Empty things will get better

Post by ozpata Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:55 am

I know it feels frustrating, when a lot of us can see the potential and the clear advantages that pCars offers over what we have been using lately, but things will get better, just is a question of time

entering the market now(may) it is in some ways a risk and part of the plan, first the studio couldn't afford to keep holding back, it doesn't do the view of the product a lot of good and shortens the window for them to get things rolling in a positive way, second there is a lot of competition from old sims that are still in use, offer a solid base, lots of people still think about those early reports where the demands were kind of high

studios have to deal with bugs, they know that, because it is impossible to get a product out with so many combinations possible and get it to work perfectly over a wide spectrum of machines and accessories, usually is not such a great idea to get the product out right before summer, a lot of people take breaks, spend more time outdoors, leagues see how that affects them, but in a way it just gives them a perfect time to get it out and work with a more definitive finishing line by the end of summer or mid autumn, that is when the rush for shopping , getting new products and accessories starts to push everything around it, the studios had enough time to get in top of things and polish, introduce features that hopefully give the push that it is desired, just about the right time

the sim racing scene has a lot of options, the more serious or dedicated persons don't change over night their routines, and lots of them have kept a close eye on development to see when certain things get implemented or solved, lots of leagues are use to work with certain features, in a certain way, and in that aspect, pCars is a bit more radical, one has to be a bit patient just because others don't see things as clearly yet, they are committed to other leagues or activities or just waiting for the sim to implement a few things that most people seem to think it is part of what is need it to get leagues to adopt it, for some is a matter of waiting to get a better pc to take full advantage, for others the need for better equipment

personally I don't think we will see a lot more people getting involved till they see that some bugs are out of the way and the reports seem to indicate that the sim is fully ready for league racing, years ago we would have just put up with it, now with so many other options, we get a bit more hesitant, in some ways we always complaining to get something that has this and that, that it is different, but then again we want to have a lot of the same things, come september things should start to improve
ozpata
ozpata
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

things will get better Empty Re: things will get better

Post by Gargos Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:22 am

This is better. You should see this game on XBox. I lost an easy win tonight thanks to the fact that I can't setup a pit strategy, so I had to make the race on 1 set of hards. The pit strategy pre-race, the actual pit itself and post race are all coming up with different tire pressure numbers. No matter what settings I had the tire pressures on, I come out of the pits with tires reaching 330 degrees in less than half a lap. It's crap! At least patch 2.5 addressed these issues prior to this week, but the consoles will never see 2.5.

Good news though! A new track pack and cars are out, so feel free to shell over your hard earned dough to them, because they deserve it! Rolling Eyes
Gargos
Gargos
Rookie
Rookie

https://www.flickr.com/photos/gargos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahjik Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:36 pm

If everyone could start promoting the league, it will help increase the driver count. We know not every driver will end up staying, but at least getting more traffic this way will help.

What you can do is is post a link to the forum sign-up section when you see someone complaining about online crashers or AI problems. Wink
Mahjik
Mahjik
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahjik Fri Jul 24, 2015 2:46 pm

BTW, does it make sense to restrict this first season to only LMP2 and GT3 cars? Seems like it would and then open up other classes in following seasons (based on number of entries).
Mahjik
Mahjik
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GamingCanuck Fri Jul 24, 2015 7:42 pm

That's actually a pretty good idea, since no one has raced LMP1. I'd like to keep GT4 open because I know some people like the lower powered vehicles.

I am working on a promo video, I've got some footage to piece together. It's only going to be a minute or so long, but it's taking longer than I wanted because it's almost impossible to get good shots since they removed free cam. I'm using dev cams but it's not nearly as good as the free cam was. I'm also going to use mostly offline footage, the largest field we've had is 10 cars and everyone was spread out for most of the race.
GamingCanuck
GamingCanuck
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum