International GT Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Few Ideas and Tips

+2
Alan_gamester
SaintedPlacebo4
6 posters

Go down

Few Ideas and Tips Empty Few Ideas and Tips

Post by SaintedPlacebo4 Tue Jun 16, 2015 7:36 am

I noticed you are concerned with practice turnouts and group sessions, the best way i've ever known to fix that is to try and implement a fair incentive. Hold 3 a week at different times to so everyone has a chance to make at least one and then offer a sensible amount of bonus points for showing up once. When the season gets heated, those points count. Plus it will let you know who is going to take it a lil more seriously as far as wanting to be here and wanting to get the most out of the league.

As for growing into hundreds of people, it's going to take good advertising to lumps of the community and a product that is of a higher quality. Saturation is one way to get the ball rolling so long as everyone dots their i's and what not. I noticed that someone posted about Formula 1, etc. Now the way i see it the only PC leagues around have been F1, GT3 and i saw one totally booked GT5 spec series. That leaves a few markets wide open.

I might suggest running a series of spec LMP3's (the Prototype 2's in game) as those are popular in car clubs in real life. Another one would be a historical Gr.A series with the 3 classic touring cars (e30, 190e, seirra). Another Idea could be to cut out the option of GT4s in this series and make it its own separate thing since there is a nice selection of them in game. Or perhaps a lower formula class maybe as low as the formula fords.

Those might draw in people since they are different, they appeal to different crowds. However, if you were to do that i would suggest them being run o the sire by someone other than you sol that you can keep your focus on the flagship series that you have created all this for.

Weekly time trials can also be something to get people involved. Just need to set a track and a class/car and have people screencap their times. Simple, easy and competitive.

These are just some ideas to throw against the wall, if any of them stick great if not its nbd.

SaintedPlacebo4

Back to top Go down

Few Ideas and Tips Empty Re: Few Ideas and Tips

Post by Alan_gamester Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:53 am

I agree the more practice sessions one off events (DTM at Nurburgring) or something like the 2.4 hours of Le Mans. I also found the more practice events you hold (I used to run one every night up to the day of the event) and generally the folks who showed up to these practice events were there at every race day and really behind the league/event also gets the folks in these series have the chance to get together and talk shop swap ideas and make a community out of it. But we need to start somewhere and the best way to do that is promote the hell out of this event and have many pre events (practices etc) as possible between races to keep up interest.
Alan_gamester
Alan_gamester
Rookie
Rookie

https://www.facebook.com/GamestaTV

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintedPlacebo4 Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:56 pm

Exactly. Get this up on Reddit. They changed the rules to the subreddit to allow you to post about your league as long as you dont spam it. and that is a rather large pool to get your brand in.

SaintedPlacebo4

Back to top Go down

Post by ozpata Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:40 pm

we have to keep things in perspective, the sim is fairly new and as we expect things to run flawlessly, new software can hardly be without problems and those need time to get solved, when involves complex calculations like in a sim, there bugs, some can be name simple or obvious almost to the point as to be called a miss, but there are issues that to be identified, need to have some features off for the moment for the sake of simplifying things and helping identifying and get quick solutions

there are issues with pit stops, refueling, track warnings and others, those are in a way, issues that for now get in the way of a lot of people and prevent them from getting involved on a more serious or committed way, by the same token we must not forget that there are thousands of webs and leagues and we have to assume that a lot of those will integrate the sim into their lineup now or at some point

having more practice time or a way to generate some sort of routine is always a good starting point, but also in a way I believe that having a title that sort of limits the attraction or creates a sensation of a limited range can have an impact on how people view things, people usually looks for places where the variables are known, for that reason a lot of times you will see people sticking together in groups where basically everybody knows each other, going into the multiplayer as it is now is a good example, lots of bad behavior or erratic things happening and that is in some ways bad for the reputation of the sim but in the other hand perfectly expected as a new thing, a title that has been highly anticipated and has a lot of people getting in the mix for the first time.

communities take time to grow, people have to get use to things, is very difficult to get people to agree when the title offers such a great amount of content and possibilities, so in a way it will be positive to have an open mind to other types of races, categories, getting people away from places were they have been involved for a while is not easy, and they will only do that in a lot of cases, if they can't find what they are looking for where they at, as it is now I see an awful lot of places basically running similar or same types, specs of cars and we also have to see that there are other sims out there and everybody is looking to get their share of the crowd.

ozpata
ozpata
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Few Ideas and Tips Empty Calendar tab

Post by EZTarget Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:28 pm

Fill in this forum's Calendar with the mixed-class races now scheduled for iGTR
EZTarget
EZTarget
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan_gamester Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:04 pm

How about a sub form for Pictures and videos from the game and events that we capture
Alan_gamester
Alan_gamester
Rookie
Rookie

https://www.facebook.com/GamestaTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahjik Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:20 pm

One note on practice sessions/races:

If they aren't going to be on the weekends, you'll need to account for standard work hours. i.e. if you have a practice at say 6PM EST, there will still be people at work on the other side of the country so numbers will be low. You'd have to do something like 8-9PM EST to have the best possible turnouts.

Mahjik
Mahjik
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintedPlacebo4 Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:31 pm

Mahjik wrote:One note on practice sessions/races:

If they aren't going to be on the weekends, you'll need to account for standard work hours.  i.e. if you have a practice at say 6PM EST, there will still be people at work on the other side of the country so numbers will be low.  You'd have to do something like 8-9PM EST to have the best possible turnouts.

practices are going to have to be varied in times due to the fact that we have people from the UK and the US signed up. I tried to host a 6pm session and the few people that dropped by had to go to sleep because it was 11pm overseas. I prefer to be on later as i am a bit of a night owl myself. We could try to have a rotation for the times hosted to try and accommodate everyone.

SaintedPlacebo4

Back to top Go down

Post by ozpata Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:27 pm

with such discrepancies in time and that people (at least some) have to work, during the week could be tricky, but is just a matter of creating some sort of routine, as people notice that there is some movement it will create some sort of incentive

it is also probably a good idea to create a good password and just give it to the people that register, last weekend there were some idiots getting in the way of some good races, just driving backwards or the wrong way or just waiting on a corner ready to smash you, if they start seeing more people, they will get in for their fun

those who register or get a password, are more reliable or at least trying to do the right thing
ozpata
ozpata
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GamingCanuck Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:44 pm

Alan_gamester wrote:How about a sub form for Pictures and videos from the game and events that we capture

That's kind of what the general discussion area is for, but it would be a good idea to have a forum for those specific things.

Edit - Gaming forum added. Do you guys think there should be sub-forum for a few different games?
GamingCanuck
GamingCanuck
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum