International GT Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

being patient

2 posters

Go down

being patient Empty being patient

Post by ozpata Mon Jun 15, 2015 9:05 am

as I saw a post somewhere about how to increase traffic or involvement, we must not forget that these are different times and above all, the sim has just been out for just over a month, something we loose perspective very easily, since a lot of us have been using it for a while.

First, we have to accommodate for people to find themselves comfortable with a new product, there are bugs and that easily puts off a lot of people, then people have to get use to a new thing which always slows down the process, must will try to get together in the place were they are now and tryout things, exchange opinions for a while, some places will adopt it and some not, in most cases we must anticipate that a lot of leagues running other sims will incorporate or at least try it for a while, so there is a lot of division, way too many options and the easy nature of hosting online between friends for a while is gonna limit traffic to new places.

we live in a different time than 10 years ago, there are far more choices, we are getting sort of spoiled and there seems to be far more complaining, because we are never satisfied, something that has been going on for a while, we always ask for more, even thought we probably never gonna have enough time to fully explore the full game and perhaps because there is so much to pick from, in and out of each sim, people are all over the place or will be for a while.

In my case, this is the product that I have been waiting for a long time, since most of my online is on grand prix legends, I was looking for a change and a title that will offer everything in one place, well balanced in quality which was a turn off for me with titles like rfactor for example, were everything was getting too confusing with so many versions of the same thing and lot of patches, I am mostly a fan of classic cars and open wheel, but this sim offers a lot of things that are welcome in one very convenient package.

So we must give time to sort itself out, as bugs get fixed and people start finding their feet, there will be a return to some order and leagues, communities will start to form, as a new thing, I seem to notice a lot of people making the transition from console to PC, so there are a lot of people out there but we must not forget that in the game itself, there are a lot of options and is hard to get people to agree into one series or cars, even when we are not gonna use them all, we want as many open options available as we can get, then is the choice of the days and time, all of them a reason to divide.

What is important is to get started with a solid base of people that will provide a good time, this is a hobby and a way for a lot of us to disconnect from everyday life, once things get rolling, others will follow but everything in due time.
ozpata
ozpata
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

being patient Empty Re: being patient

Post by GamingCanuck Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:52 pm

I agree with pretty much everything you said Ozpata, there are definitely some bugs that hopefully SMS can iron out. My main concern when I posted that thread on Steam was the lack of participation on the forums and even practice sessions. Ultimately I would like to turn this into a big community where sim racers from all walks of life come and discuss everything from the newest sim or video game up to what types of food they enjoy or what movie they saw last. There are some things that need to be upgraded, for lack of a better word, like the forums and the website before I feel like the community can really grow. Lack of money and time unfortunately are holding that back at the moment, but will come.

Hopefully over the next few months I can turn that idea into a reality and the community here and on the Steam forums can really grow into hundreds of people, if not thousands, who enjoy going to one place where they can discuss everything. However, I agree with you and a little patience is needed on my part.
GamingCanuck
GamingCanuck
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum