International GT Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

iGTR Season Opener - Please Read

4 posters

Go down

iGTR Season Opener - Please Read Empty iGTR Season Opener - Please Read

Post by GamingCanuck Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:00 pm

iGTR Season Opener - Please Read XQhmJar

Hello everyone!

A date has finally been picked for the season opener for the International GT Racing league, our very first season. There's still plenty of spots available, so feel free to sign up if you would like to come race with us. The server will have a password, there's also a possibility of prizes for the top 3 drivers at the end of the season(steam cards, free steam games, etc. but this is still undecided). So far we have 11 drivers signed up, all but 1 are GT3 cars, however the races will be multiclass so we're hoping to get a few LMP1, LMP2 and even GT4 drivers signed up.

Schedule

30 minute practice starts at 2PM EST, 15 minute qualifying at 2:30PM EST and race start at 2:45PM EST.

1. 07/05 -- 29 Laps(203KM) -- Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps
3. 07/12 -- 37 Laps(200KM) -- Brno
4. 07/19 -- 43 Laps(200KM) -- Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya GP
4. 08/02 -- 41 Laps(201KM) -- Imola
5. 08/09 -- 35 Laps(203KM) -- Autodromo Nazionale Monza GP
6. 08/23 -- 39 Laps(201KM) -- Nurburgring GP
7. 09/06 -- 56 Laps(202KM) -- Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
8. 09/20 -- 31 Laps(202KM) -- Road America
9. 10/04 -- 34 Laps(200KM) -- Silverstone GP
10. 10/18 -- 15 Laps(204KM) -- Circuit des 24 Heures du Mans

Points System

1st - 25
2nd - 18
3rd - 15
4th - 12
5th - 10
6th - 8
7th - 6
8th - 4
9th - 2
10th - 1

Allowed Vehicles

GT Class
Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
Aston Martin V8 Vantage GT4
Audi R8 LMS Ultra
Bentley Continental GT3
BMW M3 GT
BMW M3 GT GT4
BMW Z4 GT3
Ford Mustang Boss 302R1
Ginetta G55 GT3
Ginetta G55 GT4
McLaren 12C GT3
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3
Ruf RGT-8 GT3

LMP Class
Alpine A450
Audi R18 TDI
Marek RP 219D LMP2
Marek RP 339H LMP1
Oreca 03 Nissan
RWD P20 LMP2
RWD P30 LMP1

If you have any questions, please message me on here or on steam. I hope to see you on the track!

Last edited by GamingCanuck on Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
GamingCanuck
GamingCanuck
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

iGTR Season Opener - Please Read Empty Re: iGTR Season Opener - Please Read

Post by Mahjik Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:19 pm

Is there still a fun race tomorrow (Sunday the 28th)?
Mahjik
Mahjik
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ozpata Sat Jun 27, 2015 11:04 pm

I think it was moved to the 5th, a bad weekend for me as people will come over on friday and will stay for the weekend, but will try to be there for the race

keep in mind if you are planning pit stops of a few bugs
one will put in flat tires, other the wrong ones and also at pit out your brake temperatures will be reset  so even if you stopped with let say 400 o 500C by pit out you will be reset to 22C

the penalty in pit out is not fixed, it happens less often but still can happen
ozpata
ozpata
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan_gamester Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:40 pm

Yes, With the patch no where in sight will we be moving the date back again or just tough it out. It's been really quiet on the forums for a couple weeks...
Alan_gamester
Alan_gamester
Rookie
Rookie

https://www.facebook.com/GamestaTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ozpata Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:17 pm

the sim is fairly new, so I suggest to take things as they come, there are quite a few issues and nobody is really sure when they gonna be sort it out, patches not always work out perfectly and not all issues are being addressed, if we look at the leagues side of things, a lot of them are trying their best but most will like to have issues resolved and a properly done dedicated server and organization, that is probably the main reason why there is not such big movements

with next weekend falling into the long weekend of the forth of july in the States, is going to be difficult for a few people

in some ways I think that the races shouldn't be announced as such and perhaps do the first three as a pre season, so people can get together on track , see each other out, find out if any potential issues arise, see how things develop, practice pit stops if planned with other cars around and those three dates come back at the end as official part of the championship
ozpata
ozpata
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan_gamester Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:37 pm

Totally agree I really like the idea of pre-season races to see how it plays out in real time with real people (especially for the bugs) and get familiar with teh different driver styles.We also have to look at the possibiltiy of new problems etc. coming with the patch if any. I haven't come across to many of the bugs that are reported so I am lucky in that regard but I am sure I have an issue with cars on track and my laptimes an example is I sat in my pitbox for a whole practice session (i forget what track) but the AI were doing say 1:31.xxx avg laps when come to quali I drove and never got better than 1:49.xxx and the AI were 7 seconds slower found that to be odd and from what I have read has something to do with framerate issues so that has me a little worried as I can't see any stuttering or hanging while I play.
Alan_gamester
Alan_gamester
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ozpata Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:24 pm

what I have reported was just happening at Spa, I know most also happen in other tracks

some bugs happen if you enter race weekends, some practice and some online alone

a lot of things happen during pit stops, resetting pit strategies, penalties, I had filled quite a few pages of issues at Spa, some hard to repeat but they do happen as they are not constant, also keep in mind that some issues are hard to repeat in some cars
ozpata
ozpata
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by ozpata Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:31 pm

also it might be a good idea to set some sort of rules regarding passing, as there are cars of different speeds

for example, LMP1 and 2 can just go on right of gt3 and 4, that way everybody knows where to be and problems can be prevented
ozpata
ozpata
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan_gamester Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:40 pm

Yes, I agree. I also I think a speed limit for entering and exiting pits (until the end of teh white lines) to prevent any "incidents".
Alan_gamester
Alan_gamester
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GamingCanuck Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:41 pm

Sorry guys, I've been busy with the new job and honestly haven't been in the mood to play anything other than Witcher and Elite: Dangerous. I was expecting the patch to be out sooner, rather than later, but it looks like it may be some time before it's released. With my new job I may not even get Sunday's off so I can't say for certain if I will be able to host the races.

SaintedPlacebo was supposed to host a pre-season get together today, but I haven't been told if that happened or not. I would like to start the season next Sunday, I won't be able to make it, but I wouldn't mind putting it off for another few weeks either.

I'll leave that decision up to the members, if everyone is fine just getting together on Sunday's for some fun races and nothing serious then that's what we can do.
GamingCanuck
GamingCanuck
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan_gamester Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:46 pm

Not sure if anything happened today didn't hear of anything but I rarely check the steam group. Maybe for future "fun" events we can keep all the info in the forums to make it easier than searching the net for all the info.
Alan_gamester
Alan_gamester
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GamingCanuck Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:50 pm

That's generally where all the info is, but some people don't visit the forums and some people don't visit the steam group.
GamingCanuck
GamingCanuck
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ozpata Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:53 pm

in some ways we must admit that the sim has some work to do to cure some of those issues that even though are not a big deal sometimes, in a championship can ruin the motivation of some people

I don't wanna say that we should postpone, but in some ways seems the most sensible thing to do, but I think the best thing will be to set it up as a pre season, being 3 or 5 races that can be developed as a championship in itself to keep it interesting, but most importantly should be used to get people in a rythm, get used to different cars, pit stops or whatever variables that come

a pre season can be used in quite few ways to see how everything goes, generate enthusiasm, interest

also from my side, I don't really use the steam that much, I would prefer to have the information all in one place
ozpata
ozpata
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan_gamester Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:55 pm

I agree it should all be in one place and teh Steam group also hasn't been updated since the 17th and frankly if we have to sign up here all the info should be here that is just my opinion.
Alan_gamester
Alan_gamester
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GamingCanuck Sun Jun 28, 2015 9:55 pm

That sounds like a good idea, but I will need to find someone who can also host races due to my job schedule.
GamingCanuck
GamingCanuck
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ozpata Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:05 pm

the way I see it, if you want people a bit more committed or more used to sim racing, you are not gonna find it in the steam groups, but is just a personal opinion, most people that are a bit used to doing sim racing are used to going to forums where they can feel a bit more at home

one step at the time, lets try to get some sort of practice going, pick a day or days during the week, a time and try to do some running, if anybody notices something just write it down and then post it here so everybody, participating or not can see what are the issues or potential problems

change at least the first 3 or 5 events to a pres season and just add them at the end again as official once the championship gets going

I am not up to date as to how to get the info from races as far as to organize things and how we will deal with contact or something like that
ozpata
ozpata
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by GamingCanuck Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:08 pm

The forums is where all the information can be found, the steam group is really only for setting up notifications for the races and for a place for chat during the race.
GamingCanuck
GamingCanuck
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down