International GT Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your online racing experience and wheel setup?

+3
Alan_gamester
GamingCanuck
Rhime
7 posters

Go down

What's your online racing experience and wheel setup? Empty What's your online racing experience and wheel setup?

Post by Rhime Sun May 31, 2015 6:49 pm

I thought I'd ask what are our members online racing backgrounds and wheel setups?

I'll start with mine coming from a lot of Nascar Racing 2003 Season and the WolfPack Racing club (now retired). I gained a lot of great experience online with that club racing each weekend and practicing. Project Cars has pretty much the same setup in racing and practice sessions as that sim.
I use a G27 wheel with a 32" Panasonic monitor
What's your online racing experience and wheel setup? <a href=What's your online racing experience and wheel setup? 20150703_143037" />

Last edited by Rhime on Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:33 am; edited 2 times in total

Rhime
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

What's your online racing experience and wheel setup? Empty Re: What's your online racing experience and wheel setup?

Post by GamingCanuck Sun May 31, 2015 10:09 pm

I've been sim racing since about 2004-2005, I started off with NR2k3, but I've been playing racing games since the SNES days. I raced in a few different leagues on NR2k3, I was even accepted into vMaxSR which is probably the highlight of my NR2k3 career. Besides NR2k3 I've raced on pretty every single sim out there, but over the last few years I've kinda moved away from the hardcore sims as I just wasn't having a whole lot of fun anymore and I've focused more on racing on the simcades. I have a G25, I bought a Thurstmaster TX with the 458GTE wheel but I sold that last year and now I just race with an Xbox 1 controller.

I'm regretting selling the TX, it was an amazing wheel but my current desk isn't made for a wheel and it's really hard to hook one on. I'm hoping once I can save some money I will get a better desk and get another TX.
GamingCanuck
GamingCanuck
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

What's your online racing experience and wheel setup? Empty Re: What's your online racing experience and wheel setup?

Post by Alan_gamester Sat Jun 13, 2015 4:20 pm

I ran a succesful 4 Season Super GT series in Gran Turismo 5 and countless events within the Forza franchise. I really enjoy good racing I would rather come in last if it means I have a great on track battle.I currently use A Logitech g27 Wheel and a 40" Samsung for my setup i use to use the DFGT before (good little wheel). Look forward to racing in this series as it looks to be well thought out and in the same vein I used to race in GT.
Alan_gamester
Alan_gamester
Rookie
Rookie

https://www.facebook.com/GamestaTV

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintedPlacebo4 Sun Jun 14, 2015 10:42 am

I have ran in and won a handful of TORA races on FM4 and FM5, and i have ran 3 series and 2 websites most notably the FSCS. On console and with a controller im no slouch at all in terms or competitive lap times (im top 100 world wide on forza). However, on pc and with a wheel... well i need a lot of practice lets say that. haha. I use a g27 wheel and as for settings i dont mess about with them much from default which is most likely much to my detriment. So that being said i might be inconsistent and in the back of the pack on this platform but i understand the rules of the road very well and am a respectful driver.

SaintedPlacebo4

Back to top Go down

Post by ozpata Sun Jun 14, 2015 8:19 pm

well in my case I've been racing since grand prix legends came out, which I still use and help run a league, also rfactor for which I was involved in a few mods, in the last couple of years it's been kind of hard to do any racing during the week, which that gpl league does and have been keeping track of pCars from the beginning, so I am trying to get back into doing some racing again, I am not a very big fan of GT cars, been following f1 from the mid seventies but I do like endurance and WEC

G27
ozpata
ozpata
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Veevee Tue Jun 16, 2015 8:04 pm

I use a 360 controller, but I'm hoping to get a wheel setup in the next year or 3. Personally, I doubt it'll ever happen. I just tune the car to the deficiencies that the controller gives and while I wont ever be the fastest, I tend to get top 5 in the random lobbies I race in. I've been racing sims since Papyrus' IndyCar Racing and NASCAR Racing in the mid-90's, moved to console racing with Forza 2, then came back to PC with Assetto Corsa when the Xbone was released and now I've moved on to Project Cars where I plan to stay for quite a while.

I tend to drive in what is best described as a rather patiently aggressive manner. I build my tunes in a handling trumps speed kind of way, so if I can catch you I will put my nose right up to your rear bumper every turn until you finally give way and either let me pass or crack under the pressure. I'm not gonna lie and say I'm perfect. Occasionally this will lead to a bump or two. However, to quote one of the best movies of the 90's, I won't slam you, I won't bump you, I won't nudge you, but I will rub you. And rubbin', son, is racin'.
Veevee
Veevee
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintedPlacebo4 Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:01 am

That second half of text gave me a good idea. Thanks.

SaintedPlacebo4

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahjik Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:06 pm

Hello all.  I've been doing sim racing since around 2000.   Back then, I bought a Logitech Formula Force GP wheel which came with Sports Car GT and I purchased F1 2000 (EA/ISI).  Since then, I moved on to other sims and other hardware.  I'm currently using:

rSeat Evo V2 rig
2x Buttkicker Gamer2's
G25 Steering wheel/pedals
DSD Button Box
Three monitor setup

I'm planning on switching from the G25 setup to a Thrustmaster T300 with Fanatec or other pedals.  I'm not fast, but I race clean and just look to have a good time with other fun racers.
Mahjik
Mahjik
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhime Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:14 am

Mahjik wrote:Hello all.  I've been doing sim racing since around 2000.   Back then, I bought a Logitech Formula Force GP wheel which came with Sports Car GT and I purchased F1 2000 (EA/ISI).  Since then, I moved on to other sims and other hardware.  I'm currently using:

rSeat Evo V2 rig
2x Buttkicker Gamer2's
G25 Steering wheel/pedals
DSD Button Box
Three monitor setup

I'm planning on switching from the G25 setup to a Thrustmaster T300 with Fanatec or other pedals.  I'm not fast, but I race clean and just look to have a good time with other fun racers.

Nice setup Mahjik, got any screenies to share?Smile

Rhime
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahjik Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:29 pm

Hey Rhine, I'll snap some photos tomorrow and post up a few. Trust me, it's not that special. Wink
Mahjik
Mahjik
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahjik Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:14 am

Here are some photos...

What's your online racing experience and wheel setup? PICT3956

What's your online racing experience and wheel setup? PICT3957

What's your online racing experience and wheel setup? PICT3961

The fan cools the Buttkickers and the amps...

Here are the Buttkicker Gamer 2's:

What's your online racing experience and wheel setup? PICT3963

Re-did the mount that comes with rSeat.

What's your online racing experience and wheel setup? PICT3964

Added the front mount under the pedals..

Sorry for the crappy pictures....
Mahjik
Mahjik
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhime Mon Jul 13, 2015 1:24 am

Nice rig..that's pretty sweet!

Rhime
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down