International GT Racing
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Describe Your Driving

+2
GamingCanuck
SaintedPlacebo4
6 posters

Go down

Describe Your Driving Empty Describe Your Driving

Post by SaintedPlacebo4 Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:05 am

VeeVee posted in the "What's your set up" thread about not only his set up and experiences, but the way he conducts his business on the track. Everyone tends to come at racing from a different angle, and in an attempt to get to know one another heres a little form to fill out about yourself and how you race.

View:

Oversteer or Understeer?:

Rate Yourself in terms of lap time:

Pick a racer alive or dead that describes your driving style:

Anything you want to add:

SaintedPlacebo4

Back to top Go down

Describe Your Driving Empty Re: Describe Your Driving

Post by SaintedPlacebo4 Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:09 am

View: Cockpit, sometimes helmet cam

Oversteer or Understeer?: Understeer, i rather deal with going in slow than deal with coming out sideways.

Rate Yourself in terms of lap time: Not entirely sure, I have some speed in me but im inconsistent on PCars

Pick a racer alive or dead that describes your driving style: I would say more so the RumBum team than a specific driver, very intelligent with their approach so that they show up near the end in a good position to podium.

Anything you want to add: I dont like contact and im not aggressive. Ill hold my line and make you work for it.

SaintedPlacebo4

Back to top Go down

Post by GamingCanuck Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:12 am

View: Cockpit with helmet cam

Oversteer or Understeer?: Oversteer on a wheel, not so much on a controller. I love to be on the edge of control every lap when I'm racing with a wheel, it's fast and it keeps you awake.

Rate Yourself in terms of lap time: I've never been super fast, but I can usually hang out around the top 5.

Pick a racer alive or dead that describes your driving style: Probably Fernando Alonso, he's very consistent and is pretty respectful on track and his fellow racers feel comfortable racing around him.
GamingCanuck
GamingCanuck
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Alan_gamester Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:18 am

View: Cockpit

Oversteer or Understeer?: Oversteer much rather deal with oversteer than understeer... understeer frustrates me.

Rate Yourself in terms of lap time: After the practice session sunday... slow hahaha I am consistant and will widdle down the time lap by lap but never made it top of any leaderboards always ranked in top 10%

Pick a racer alive or dead that describes your driving style: This one is hard really had to think about it... but I would have to say as much as I hate it... Jenson Button cool collected and patient I won't generally dive down into a corner rather wait and plan an attack 3 or 4 corners 4 or 5 laps down the road to take my shot.

Anything you want to add: I follow rules of racing very close basically I will make one move to defend a postion on a straight (like F1) and hold my line as best I can to fend you off in corners but if you get up on my inside pass my door I will leave the door open and try to get you on the next corner. I rarely will slam the door shut rather have a back a forth than possibly cause a crash.
Alan_gamester
Alan_gamester
Rookie
Rookie

https://www.facebook.com/GamestaTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ozpata Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:18 am

well I have worked for a while with race cars a long time ago, f5000 and other formula, Porsche and others

there is a few things that have to be kept in mind with respect as over and understeer

with a variety of controllers and settings that people use, the issue can get a bit confused on the technical side but also from the driver's, a lot of times people assume that the car is doing certain things or it has certain characteristics, but the driver can be in many cases the cause of the over/understeer when the car is not really producing those to that extreme

there is no one way to go about things, one thing to keep in mind is that racing is very seldom done all the time at 100%, you always leave yourself some margin even thought in some cases can be very small, that is why is important to learn the car and find the operating window.

the most useful thing to do is to not start changing settings until the laps are stable and you can lap consistently, otherwise most of those changes are not gonna give you a very clear picture of what is affecting what, so usually the drivers sets out to learn the track and establish a line, identifying trouble spots, bumps, little by little working on the braking and observing steering for example, then finding a good footprint and so on

as for the rules of the road, the guy in front is dictating and the one in the rear has to find a way a round it that is safe for both, Ayrton Senna's tactics, very seldom works on online, there is lag and other issues that can create more sorrow than glory, as for all the technical advances on online racing there are still some issues, basically the driver 1, driver 2 and the host have to be in perfect timing as far as information, something that is now a days not much of an issue but can create some discrepancies and one must not forget that everybody is entitled to some fun, races are not won on t1 but to finish first, first you got to finish.

by the way, keep in mind that refuelling is not working well all the time

ozpata
ozpata
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintedPlacebo4 Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:36 pm

ozpata wrote:well I have worked for a while with race cars a long time ago, f5000 and other formula, Porsche and others

by the way, keep in mind that refuelling is not working well all the time

I have noticed. yesterday i wasin a race and chose no fuel, they filled me to 71 liters and then... i used no gas.it just stopped.

SaintedPlacebo4

Back to top Go down

Post by ozpata Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:18 pm

they know about it and trying to get it done, just that at the moment I think there is a long enough list of other priorities, things have to be worked out and then tested and see if there are any other repercussions, that is a big problem with products like this, too many cars, tracks and variations

there are times when they no change tyres or put wrong ones, so we have to keep those issues in mind

also the bug about giving you a long penalty in Spa, don't think is resolved all the way, it got better but is still happening, just not happening all the time

it would probably be a good idea to do some testing as in testing the limits of what we know, just to find out if there are some other penalties and such, that might just pop out

in the case of Spa it looks like they just gave a few more meters to the AI on the exit of pit lane so it avoids any type of contact that was being detected even when you didn't hear or felt it
ozpata
ozpata
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintedPlacebo4 Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:48 pm

my car slams into the wall on exit of the pits at spa. only on multiplayer, on sp it doesnt.

SaintedPlacebo4

Back to top Go down

Post by GamingCanuck Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:51 pm

I haven't noticed many issues at all, so I was unaware of these problems. Perhaps we should hold off on starting the season, maybe cut the races in half and just do fun get together races. I'd hate for someone to lose a race, or worse a championship, because of a bug like their tires being changed to flats.
GamingCanuck
GamingCanuck
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by ozpata Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:23 pm

there are quite a few things, a lot are minors but they all have some sort of an impact

at Spa alone, sometimes you get the pit out penalty, it could be 500 seconds or a couple of thousands driving at 48 kph

other times you get penalize when you move from qualy to race, some issues could be to moving the controller as you get on the grid and gets recognize as an infraction, this can also happen at Donington and Monza from memory

then there some issues with changing weather, just the impact and things that could happen or didn't but should at the stops, tyres , fuel just to name a few

keep in mind that most of them don't happen all the time but they do happen, some might have notice that at Monza at least, the lollypop man sometimes seem to have an invisible lollypop and the whole pit stop can go wrong

other tracks have issues too, but as I said is not a constant all the time, some tracks have other issues like not penalizing while straight cutting a chicane big time

all that I am saying is that don't go with the attitude as to do or die, is a new sim and needs time to iron out some things, as a member of the staff of another league, my suggestion will be to do some sort of pre season testing, it could be races to make it interesting, but just to keep things moving along for now and perhaps just push the start a couple of weeks as new patches are not that far of, but we can also just go ahead with a loose state of mind

in the mean time we could see how things can be done from the administrative point of view, when there are challenges or some issues that we can't control

ozpata
ozpata
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintedPlacebo4 Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:29 pm

The next patch comes out at the latest the 22nd according to my sources.

SaintedPlacebo4

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintedPlacebo4 Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:35 pm

seems they are going to fix some fps issues. im assuming it has to do with the way AMDs arent handling the game well, which is funny bc mine is able to ultra the game out and im somewhat underspec'd

i cant link for 7 days but i have links for this

http://forum.projectcarsgame.  com/showthread.php?31077-solved-in-patch-1-5-Oulton-park-fps-drop-around-turn-5ish/page2

SaintedPlacebo4

Back to top Go down

Post by Rhime Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:36 pm

View: Roof/hood view

Oversteer or Understeer?:I tend to understeer since I'm usually coming in hot until I get the braking points down on certain tracks. I'm typically a safe driver and will let anyone faster than me pass as safe a possible.

Rate Yourself in terms of lap time:fairly consistant once I know the track.

Pick a racer alive or dead that describes your driving style:No idea..Smile

Anything you want to add:I'm a mature driver who has some experience with racing online and being on a team of drivers. Just looking for no drama and fun times. Also, my time can be limited with rl work and family, but will be around when I can..

Rhime
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Veevee Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:50 pm

View: Cockpit, helmet cam with helmet and blur turned off 100% of the time.  Can't drive from the nose (that bug really freaking pisses me off), and I'd rather not race than use the chase cam.

Oversteer or Understeer?: Using a 360 controller I go for a balanced set-up, but favor understeer as correcting an oversteer induced slide is not easy with a controller.  When I race with a wheel I still go balanced, but I'll favor oversteer then.

Rate Yourself in terms of lap time: I'd say I'm good for a top 5 time most of the time, but I've got a good deal of bad luck at the race start and am usually too inconsistent to win (dog catching the car syndrome, basically).

Pick a racer alive or dead that describes your driving style: Mark Martin.

Anything you want to add: I don't race to win, I race to beat the guy in front of me.  Don't get me wrong, I like to win just as much as the next person, but I'd rather have a close and tight fight for 10th than an easy win every single race.
Veevee
Veevee
Rookie
Rookie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum